Off-site Can Help Overcome the Current Problems with On-site Construction
February 23, 2015
Once again it has been widely documented in today’s construction press, that there is a serious shortage of labour for traditional construction methods.
In total, 22% of contractors in an industry survey reported difficulties in finding on-site trades. Bricklayers were the most difficult to find with 70% of these contractors reporting problems. This, along with the extended lead times for traditional materials, can only further extend construction programmes and costs.
A way of combating this, is to move away from on-site and utilise off-site. It is here where Frame Homes can help.
Frame Homes can supply an off-site timber frame solution that does not rely on the availability of external trades or materials as we are completely self-sufficient.
- All design work is carried out in house, with a dedicated designer to each project
- Our timber frame factory adjoins our offices which allows for continuity and consistency
- Timber frame wall panels are made here as are the roof trusses and floor joists in their dedicated facility
- All deliveries are made using our own dedicated transport fleet
- We have long term working relationships with site based timber frame erecting teams
- We have daily access to mobile cranes which are used to erect the components on site
- All projects are managed by ourselves with a dedicated contracts manager